BITGAMO shall mean Bitgamo S.A., a company registered and acting in accordance with the laws of Luxembourg (“bitgamo” “we” or “us”) who are committed to respecting your data privacy and keeping your information secure and confidential.
When applying for an exchange, Bitgamo will ask you to supply us with certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. Bitgamo may ask you to voluntarily supply us with certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form for marketing purposes as well.
In order to place an exchange we might request within the formular the following information:
- Your name (first name and last name),
- Place of Birth
- E-mail address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Physical address (optional)
- Bank account details
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Information that we obtain or collect automatically from your use of the Site” section below.
- Your browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain, type of device and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your timezone;
- Your device screen resolution;
- The website(s) you visited before visiting the Site and the website(s) you visited after visiting the Site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that may help detect the physical location of such devices;
- Data related to your interactions with content on the Site and Applications, such as use patterns and the type of content viewed or favorited in the Site and Applications.
Please note that you may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
In addition, by using our Site or Application, network information such as Product usage information, may be transmitted back to us. It helps us to determine how users are interacting with our Product, improve our Product, and correct any problems that may occur.
We collect your location-based information such as country, region, and city for the purpose of optimizing your connection to our data center. We will only share this information with our data center provider for the sole purpose of providing our service and Product to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bitgamo uses your Personal Information to:
- operate and improve the Site, Application, and Product;
- customize your experience on the Site, Application, and Product;
- deliver communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise;
- conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis, and related reporting to third parties;
- provide reports based on information collected from the use of our Site, Application, and Product;
- keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information, provided that you can modify your marketing preferences;
- provide support and assistance with our Site, Application, and Product;
- provide you with shipping and billing information;
- provide information related to the use of the Site, Application, and Product;
- marketing purposes;
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Personal Information.
PROCESSING AND SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By accessing or using the Site, Application, or Product, or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have privacy laws different from your country of residence. Please note that some of the recipients of your Personal Information referenced above may be based in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information that comply with our legal obligations. If the recipient is not a member of the Bitgamo, adequate safeguards might be provided by signing a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms and conditions/user’s agreement, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Product, (d) to protect Bitgamo, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that do not directly identify you.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Personal Information you provide to us is protected by the password you create when registering to use the Site, Application, and Product. Please understand that you can help prevent the unauthorized disclosure of information by choosing and protecting your password appropriately. You can also help prevent unauthorized disclosure by not sharing your password and preventing others from using your computer or mobile device.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration. For example:
- SSL encryption (HTTPS) everywhere where we deal with Personal Information.
- Databases encryption;
- Hosting data on physically secure servers that are also protected by firewalls.
We use commercially reasonable security procedures to protect all collected Personal Information. Please understand that no security system is perfect and, as such, we do not guarantee the security of the Site, or that your Personal Information won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may either post a notice or attempt to notify you by email. We will take reasonable steps to remedy the breach.